Sunday, September 23, 2007

The ABC's of Hope

"Be doers of the word and not hearers only"
-James 1:22


How do you hold on to hope? Believe it or not - it is not as daunting as it might sound. You simply "become" hope. To "become" hope you "become" pro-active. That means, you make the decision that nothing else matters in your world except for one thing - you have hope. If you want to find hope with all your heart and soul, it is time to put feet to your faith and go after it with a vengeance.

Here's how I did it. I created a morning prayer that started my day in hope so that everything that happened during that day flowed from a faith consciousness. Then I immersed myself from "head to toe" in hope by creating what I called "ABC's of Hope" that I memorized to plant the seeds of hope in my subconscious mind. I printed it out and posted it on my mirror so it would be the first thing I saw as I washed my face each morning. Here is my prayer:

Good Morning Lord!

Today I glorify You, serve You and seek Your will in all I do. I come boldly to Your throne and ask for Your grace to sustain me and give me the strength I need to hold on to hope. I confirm my faith and trust in Your promise with every step I take by committing to the works that will transform my hope into answered prayer in the twinkling of an eye.

Therefore, this day, I will do everything it takes to fight for hope. I will:

Accept hope
Believe in hope
Consume hope
Dream hope
Express hope
Follow hope
Give hope
Harbor hope
Imagine hope
Join hope
Know hope
Live hope
Manifest hope
Nail hope
Open my heart to hope
Protect hope
Quicken hope
Restore hope
Seek hope
Teach hope
Understand hope
Visualize hope
Want hope
X-pect hope
Yearn for hope
Zero in on hope

I will carry my message of hope to all I meet and multiply the blessings of hope by spreading it everywhere - AMEN!

Recite those "abc's" daily until you have them memorized by heart! I used my morning walks as "prayer walks" and recited to myself as I walked along. Then I chose one letter (and the action with it) to focus on all day. I'll go through the whole alphabet of hope with you in future columns, so you too can begin to immerse yourself in the power of the sword of the spirit!

No comments: